Please use the below form to sign up for our patient web portal.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY PATIENTS THAT HAVE BEEN SEEN IN OUR OFFICE CAN SIGN UP FOR OUR PORTAL. IF YOU ARE A NEW PATIENT AND HAVE NOT BEEN SEEN IN OUR OFFICE YET, WE CANNOT SIGN YOU UP FOR OUR PORTAL UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN SEEN IN OUR OFFICE.
By signing up for our patient portal, you agree to the following Portal Terms of Service Policy for South Denver Primary Care and Denver Travel Medicine Clinic:
1. These terms of service apply to the use of the electronic patient portal that is part of our electronic medical record system. The purpose of the Patient Portal is to make routine, non-emergency communication more convenient and to provide you with better access to your health information.
2. DO NOT use the Patient Portal to communicate if there is a medical emergency. If you are have having a medical emergency, find the nearest phone and dial 911 immediately.
3. You agree not to use the Patient Portal for any purpose other than to communicate with us about your health needs. You agree not to attempt to circumvent any security safeguard that we use to protect the security of our information systems.
4. On enrollment, you will provide us with your personal email address. You will receive an e-mail whenever you have a message waiting for you on the Patient Portal. The e-mail will not contain confidential health information, but will prompt you to sign into the Patient Portal and read your messages. You agree to use only your personal e-mail for this purpose, and not your work e-mail. If you change your personal e-mail, please update it using the portal right away; otherwise you will not receive notices of new messages. We will keep your email address confidential and will not share this with other parties except as required by law.
5. All communication via Patient Portal will be included in your permanent patient record.
6. A parents access to an adolescents medical record may be limited by law under certain circumstances or for certain kinds of health information.
7. We will normally respond to messages within 24 business hours. We do not respond to messages on the weekend. If you do not hear a response from our office in 24 hours, please call our office at 303-835-9915. Please note that send our office multiple messages about the same subject though the portal when you have not heard an immediate reply will only delay our response to your request.
8. If our office is unable to access the Patient Portal for any reason we will attempt to have an automatic response inform you of this as soon as possible. The proper operation of the Patient Portal may be interrupted by problems with computer hardware or software, interruptions in internet services, computer viruses or other problems beyond our control.
If you need to reach us and the portal is not working, please call us at (303) 835-9915.
9. All electronic communication from you to the practice should be through the Patient Portal. Do not use your regular e-mail account (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc) to send us confidential information since regular e-mail is not secure and information you send via email can be viewed by third parties.
10. Any of our staff may read your messages or reply in order to assist in your healthcare. This is similar to how we handle telephone messages.
11. These policies and procedures are subject to change without prior notice. We retain the right to modify, discontinue or suspend the portal service for any reason at any time.
Updated as of 11/1/2013
Please type you first and last name for your electronic signature. If the patient above is under the age of 18 years old, the parent or guardian needs to sign this attestation.